Awww Paradisus Cancun….
I say that with a relaxing sigh because every time I think about this resort, I am whisked away to a completely chill family vacation where we were all so completely and utterly spoiled from the moment we arrived….maybe a little too spoiled, if such a thing is possible.
We decided to spurge and go with the family concierge package. Was it worth the extra money? Definitely!!! Here’s a very extensive list of all the extras you get when you book Family Concierge
Family Concierge exclusive services
- Private Family Concierge Lounge with private check-in/out
- Internet access and an all-day snacks buffet with premium drinks available
- Family book and video library
- Special children’s in-suite amenities including robes, slippers and kid size pillows
- “Welcome” Paradisus Kids Beach Kit
- Kid size bathroom amenities (mini kit with mini soaps, mini toothbrush, shower gel, mini mosquito repellant, mini towels)
- Daily newspaper delivery
- Bathrobes and slippers for parents
- Pillow menu for the parents
- Luxury bathroom amenities for parents
- Cookies and milk turn-down service
- Customized mini bar with drinks and snacks just for kids
- In-room Activities Menu
- Exclusive family activities and excursions: swimming, classes, painting, massage lessons
- PS2™, Xbox 360™ or Wii™ available in-room upon request (24 hour limit)
- Kids Zone, supervised kids’ activities and play
- Kid’s and Teen’s activities menu
- Daytime assistance of a Family Concierge
- Complimentary cell phone for constant contact with our attentive concierge staff
- Preferential booking at restaurants
- Assistance with reservations for Yhi Spa, Golf, Tennis and Excursions
- Information and reservations for local restaurants
- Babysitting on request ($)
Our Paradisus Cancun “home away from home”…
We reserved a Family Concierge Junior Suite Lagoon View room. It was a great room. Though in hindsight, I wished we had gone ahead and booked the one bedroom suite instead, but there is always next time.
That all looks great, but what about the food?
True, true. What good is all this awesomeness if you can’t eat anything for a week? Well my friends, no worries at all. The Paradisus Cancun has so many different restaurants and food options that you will still have to worry about gaining those 5 extra vacation pounds. Unless you hit their awesome gym and take a Cross Fit class with one of their trainers, or shake it at Zumba by the pool.
There are nine restaurants, and five bars. The only one that you have to pay extra for is Tempo. We chose not to eat there on this trip because it was kind of expensive for the four of us, but you’ll have to let me know what you think if you go. All the rest of the restaurants are included in your all-inclusive package. If we were eating at a restaurant that our kids weren’t too excited about, such as Bana, where we were all eating sushi, the chef would have no problem making whatever they wanted, such as gluten free pasta and marinara sauce, or quesadillas with corn tortillas. My kids were a huge fan of those quesadillas.
The main buffet restaurant, Naos, offers food just about anytime you might want to eat. They always had plenty of well-marked, gluten free choices, including dessert. I did make a suggestion that they put all the gluten free food in one section, both to make it easier to find, and to avoid any potential cross contamination. I hope they took me up on my suggestion.
Our favorite restaurant was Blue Agave. They offered authentic Mexican food and great tequila for mom and dad. I think this place had the best margaritas in all of the resort!! Plus it’s always fun to be serenaded by a Mariachi Band!
Everyday for lunch, we would load up on chips and guacamole out by the pool. It was a perfect lunch!
The Beach. The Beach. The Glorious Beach!!
Cancun has great family beaches. That super soft white sand, and that ocean with all it’s vibrant blues. What’s not to love! Because the Paradisus Cancun is a long property, there is a lot of beach in front of it. It’s huge and beautiful!! They have plenty of beach chairs, and we never had a problem finding space. The kids got beach toys in the ‘Welcome’ kits, so they always had fun things to play with on the beach.
Kid’s Pool Area
If the ocean is a bit rough while you are there, like it was a couple days of our trip, there are a lot of pools to choose from. We spent a lot of time in the family area at the kid pool. Even though we were at the kid’s pool, and you would think it would be crazy loud, it was still a great place to chill in the sun, play in the pool with the kiddos, or read a book in our Bali bed, reserved daily for us by our exceptional butler, Hervik.
I cannot say enough amazing things about the Paradisus Cancun. We were able to have an amazing time as a family, and were able to eat fantastic food along the way. If you ever get to visit, I know you will be just as spoiled and come home super relaxed. Oh, and don’t forget a trip to the spa!!!